The Coffee Guide

Walking into a coffee shop without a predetermined idea of what you want to order can be a dangerous affair. Possibly just as dangerous as walking into a pizzeria without a particular craving. The base is the same but what about the rest? Which one do we choose and what is the real difference between them in the first place?

These questions are tricky and we thought it best to start with the basics. We’ve pulled out the pen and paper and drawn up a coffee guide of the options you might come across on your coffee endeavours. It’s time to say goodbye to coffee confusion. Check it out below.

Tags:

Written by Cindy Taylor

Cindy is the editor in chief and photographer for I Love Coffee.

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

8 Responses to “The Coffee Guide”

1. arthur stewart September 13, 2010 at 3:04 pm #

LOVE THIS!!!

also confirms my suspicion that even when you know you want, you just might not know what to call it. Aren’t your espresso con panna and cafe melange the exact same thing?

this is one of my fav sites right now and very thankful for it as we have recently relocated to cape town.

2. Mart September 14, 2010 at 7:29 am #

Well spotted Arthur – was our test to see if anybody read the guide properly (>;
    The cafe melange is made with filter coffee, we’ll amend accordingly.
    Hey, and glad you like the site.

3. Daniel Humphries September 20, 2010 at 3:25 am #

Really cool concept. Even cooler execution. Visually lovely!

4. anso September 23, 2010 at 12:57 pm #

what about a meia and what is the difference between a wet and dry meia?

5. Cuth September 23, 2010 at 1:12 pm #

:D just showed this to Freeman – Bean There’s Lead barista and uber-amazing guy – his first question on looking at it was “what size of cup are they using?” … well?

beautiful though – can we somewhere get full-size posters of this? :) how about a t-shirt?

6. Jason Coffee September 28, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

Great art work! I have seen this type of chart in the past but from the side view. I love the above perspective. I would love to have this chart in my office! Where can I get one?

7. Camillia October 11, 2010 at 7:39 am #

Fab – just love it! How about selling these charts and making a wall paper with coffee beans – just been researching wall paper for a project – see you should have me doing interiors! Another question where can you go on a Sunday afternoon in Sandton surrounds for a coffee?? Its the perfect time to chill and catch up! Even after dinner coffee – where do you go? =)

8. IPUNK May 23, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

cool !!
    just like my imagination favor drink ^_^