Wolves

If I lived in Joburg, Wolves would be my coffice. It is an awesome little spot in Illovo, with an all day breakfast, free wifi and killer coffee. Edwin, the manager, is an absolute legend and the walls are clad in small pieces of art. The couches are comfy, the cakes are to die for and the hot chocolate comes with a moustache – a chocolate one. They have been around for nine months or so and are unlike most coffee spots you’ll find in the big city. You can also pick up a Frankie mag or a beautiful piece of jewelry from Skermunkil.

Wolves are serving an Ethiopian Sidamo from Bean There and its nom, nom, nom. Floral aromas, a gentle acidity and citrus overtones – its oh, so smooth!

Other than getting the thumbs up as a coffice, the chances are great that Wolves will also become one of your local watering holes. On Thursday nights they hold Howl – an evening of live music performed by incredible, local musicians and Fridays at 16h30 is Beer O’clock. But not just any beer, they’ve got the fridges stocked with the beauties from &Union. Need I say more?

Monday to Wednesday 07h30 till 19h30
Thursdays 07h30 till midnight
Fridays 07h30 till 22h00
Saturdays 09h00 till 16h00

3 Corlett Drive, Illovo, Jozi
011 447 2360
www.wolves.co.za

Tags: , ,

Written by Cindy Taylor

Cindy is the editor in chief and photographer for I Love Coffee.

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

8 Responses to “Wolves”

1. ali December 3, 2010 at 11:51 am #

This place looks amazing wish they had one in CT..

2. Tunet Jordaan December 3, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

Not to mention the really cool owners, Angie and Shane. Angie, is a creative director at an advertising agency and has the coolest blog http://www.superduper.co.za/lucky, while Shane is the lead singer of the band, Desmond and the Tutus.

I especially love the red velvet cake cupcakes, the smoothies and the easy listening tunes they spin. The nicest thing is that they support designers, artists and musicians, on a regular basis. It really is my favourite place in Johannesburg.

3. Sam Title December 3, 2010 at 5:17 pm #

OMG! So there’s an actual chocolate moustache in the hot chocolate. I thought you were referring to the mo’ people get when drinking too much with the upper lip (think milkstache)! But I LOVE that idea…

I’m howling at the whole package that is Wolves. It looks fantastically comfy as a coffice and a great place to simply hang. And the live music howls and Beer O’clock? If my Cofficer budget permitted, I’d consider puddle-jumping over to Joburg just to check it out.

(Oh and the coffee sounds delicious too!)

I’m beginning to think South Africa has the right idea when it comes to coffee shops and the fantastic Coffices they become.

Keep up the tempting work…I’ll get there eventually…

Sam Title
    Chief Executive Cofficer

4. Kate December 13, 2010 at 9:15 am #

Awesome! This looks like Cape Town in Jozi!

5. David C December 14, 2010 at 1:51 pm #

Awesome vibe, and great coffee. There this weekend.
    Only sad thing is they sell Mahala for R50! It’s a free mag! Cheeky…

6. Aaron M January 9, 2011 at 5:57 pm #

I absolutely love my coffee and I’m newly single :) so I’ve been looking for awesome new coffee shops to hang out at, you legend! thanks :3

7. Getting Pregnant after Miscarriage January 10, 2011 at 11:23 pm #

Looking at it I thought it was highly enlightening. I value you taking the time and energy to place this post along. Again I find myself shelling out far too enough time both browsing as well as leaving comments. But so what, it absolutely was nevertheless of great benefit!

8. Donya Barsuhn April 23, 2011 at 10:00 am #

I got invited to a special page with some secret info about making money and I want to share this info with you. Basically, this is an underground software that you simply have to see to believe. The software is super secret right now but if you get there fast, you can end up as one of the exclusive limited number of users. This is not your usual ‘guru’ software that you see all over the internet. The guy that made it is not even an Internet Guru at all. What this software actually does is something that you have never seen before. Don’t let the simplicity fool you. This software is powerful enough that it can generate 4 figure incomes. This software system generates results in as little as 30 seconds, so there’s no waiting around for traffic or to “see if this works”. You’ll want to get in on this as soon as you can so go ahead and check out the info and watch the video http://eaturl.info/j830