1. If tea was that cool why did they not call it a Tea Table?
2. In Marlon Brando’s screen test for The Godfather he shadowed his eyes, stuffed his cheeks with tissues and sat eating fruit and drinking an espresso. Think he would have got the part had it been scones and tea instead?
3. You can’t put whiskey and/or cream in your tea.
4. Artists who have sung about coffee: Muddy Waters, Duke Ellington, Otis Redding, Blur, Bob Dylan, The White Stripes.
Artists who have sung about tea: Blossom Dearie, Tommy Dorsey.
5. “Let’s do tea” just doesn’t cut it.
6. Tea = the Queen and cucumber sandwiches. Coffee = hot Italians and grappa.
7. Coffee is for closers only.